Sunday, 21 November 2010

Test Rig. Applying IK and Pole Constraints
















Applying the IK correctly is important as so the rig moves in the ideal way for animations. The pole constrains is essential and frees up a lot of hassle of tweaking multiple joint movements I've found. In this case applying a pole vector to a locator that controls the knee joint gives ease of the arcing movment of the knee. Result!


















I've built basic bones in the form of our character rig (not final of course) to see if the IK when applied actually work. I got some interesting results results, after applying the IK to limbs such as legs and arms you can really feel how the character moves in a 3D space. These two shots simply show a starting offset position and a quick move of the joints, the picture on the right already displays much more performance. Its a good eye opener to how our character can really move which is nice. I really like how the ears have just moved slightly it really makes the pose what it is! haha so true!

AR

1 comment: